Monday 30 May 2011

The Moaning Minority

When one starts to look at local elections, the picture is not always as clear as one would wish. As you walk up the Parade you can hear passing conversations, about poor parking facilities, double yellow lines outside banks, a Bus Station that isn't, no bus inspectors or bus information office for potential passengers.
In poor weather, snow, rain, frost and high winds more of the shopping area is open to the weather than is protected from it. The moan is not to totally enclose the area but to ensure that shop frontage have a window verandah. Away from the centre potholes seem to be the main problem.
What bothers me however, is that if 10,637 of the electors do not bother to vote, because they are satisfied with things as they are, then they are not going to be the moaners, so all those moans and groans are coming from those that voted. As a person that considers himself as a responsible person I find it sad that because I used the vote that my ancestors fought for, I have become a moaning minor! I need to consider my position

No comments:

Post a Comment